Saturday, May 16, 2009

Why Don't You Just Sit On The Couch And Eat All The Chips


2009 is fantastic. I keep buying new music and getting new music from other people who've bought it. I can't stop listening. How does it make me feel? It makes me feel good. Not just good. Great. Like the women in the yogurt commercial at the wedding talking about how great it is to be women, because they're eating yogurt together and aren't married. I realize I've become addicted to certain music bloggers archive lists. Sometimes I find myself looking forward to Thursdays just so I can listen to gorilla vs. bear. I'm upset if I get to work and I miss parts of the blog. It's like a sickness. I'm like those people who need a twelve step program. Maybe I need to stop. But I just can't. I don't want to. Kind of like I don't want to stop drinking coffee, or wine.

Favorite things I've gotten recently:
Akron/Family - Set 'em wild, set 'em free
Junior Boys - Begone Dull Care
St Vincent - Actor
The Woods
Bonnie Prince Billie - Beware
Handsome Furs
Here We Go Magic
Dan Auerbach
Ariel Pink
Vega
Salem

and new Grizzly Bear, Deerhunter, and the National will be out soon.
And if someone could tell me where I could buy Neon Indian that would be great.

Where was all this awesome fucking music last year???

No comments: